No Limit Hold ‘Em Basics
- Texas Hold ‘Em is Seven Card Stud where each player gets 2 down cards ("Hole" cards) while the remaining 5 up cards ("Community" cards) are placed in the center of the table, which all players use to complete their hands.
- The best 5-card hand wins according to the listing of possible hands:
- Two "Hole" cards plus any 3 "Community" cards
- One "Hole" card plus any 4 "Community" cards
- Five "Community" cards (should more than one player use only the "Community" cards as their winning hand, the pot will be split between them regardless of "Hole" cards). Odd chips will be given to the winning player closest to the dealer's left.
- Every player will start with $1,000 worth of chips.
- $500 worth of additional chips may be bought for $20 up to 8 p.m. if the player is under their original $1,000 starting amount. At 8 p.m. all players will be allowed to purchase an additional $1,500 worth of chips for $40.
- No cash is allowed on the table and may not be substituted for chips.
- The tournament will continue until one winner remains.
- Each player will be seated according to a random drawing and will be reassigned to any other table as players drop out of the tournament at the discretion of the tournament director.
- Up to 9 players will be seated at a table.
- The player to the right of the dealer must cut the deck before the cards are dealt.
- The dealer is responsible for making sure that all bets have been called before dealing each round of card(s).
- Order of the deal:
- Dealer deals 2 cards (one at a time) face down to each player.
- Betting round 1 occurs.
- Dealer burns 1 card and deals 3 cards (flop) in the middle of the table face up.
- Betting round 2 occurs.
- Dealer burns 1 card and deals 1 card (turn/4th street) in the middle.
- Betting round 3 occurs.
- Dealer burns 1 card and deals the final card (river/5th street).
- Betting round 4 occurs.
- Mucked cards cannot be retrieved from the pile.
- Check and raise is allowed.
- The minimum bet is equal to the size of the Big Blind.
- Any player can bet all of their chips at anytime (all-in).
- Betting round 1 begins with the player to the left of the Big Blind.
- Betting rounds 2-4 begin with the player to the left of the dealer.
- Do not splash the pot. Stack your bets in front of you and push them into the post after the betting round is complete. This will eliminate some confusion that may occur with no limit betting.
- Do not bet, check, call, fold, or raise out of turn.
||8 p.m. (15 minute break)
House Rules & Misdeals
- Dealer exposes any of the "hole" cards to any player
- Dealer starts with the wrong position or deals out of sequence (empty chair)
- Dealer gives any player less or more than the 2 "hole" cards
- All misdeals shall be reshuffled and cut.
- Once 2 players (after the blinds) have acted upon their hands the entire hand shall be played to conclusion regardless of misdeal.
- If too many cards are exposed during the flop or a card was not burned, the cards shall be reshuffled and a new card burned with 3 new "flop" cards being dealt.
- If too many cards are turned or a card not burned during the "turn" or "river" the existing "community" cards shall remain with the remaining cards reshuffled and a new card burned and a new single card turned.
- If a card is found face up in the deck it shall be placed on the bottom of the deck and the next card shall be played.
- If a card is found missing from the deck prior to any betting it shall be replaced, shuffled and cut. If 2 players have taken action the hand shall be played to conclusion.
- A card dropped or exposed by a player shall continue to be played.
- The host reserves the right to make decisions in the spirit of fairness should interpretation of the above rules indicate a different ruling.
- The host should be made aware of a problem when it occurs and all play must stop with all cards and chips remaining as-is until a resolution is reached.
- A player's hand strength is based on what they have. It is not based on what is declared. "The cards play."
- All cards must remain in full view and are not allowed beyond the edge of the table.
- All players are entitled to a clear view of opponent's chips with higher denominations made easily visible. Hiding chips is not allowed.
- Looking through discards or remaining deck cards is not allowed at any time.
- The dealer of each hand will be responsible for verifying all bets, raking bets into pot and awarding the pot to the winning player(s).
- No string bets are allowed. Players must place all the chips they are going to wager at one time and must not place a bet and then reach back into their stack of chips for the raise.
- Players must wait for their turn to play.
- Showdown - after the bets are all correct, people have to show their hands in order. It starts with the person who bet and then proceeds in a clockwise rotation. This is important because if you don't win you don't have to show your hand.